- Public Water
- Public Sewer
- Level Lots
- 10,000 – 17,300 sq ft lots
City Living in Country Style!
Right Place, Right Time, Wright City”
Wright City, Missouri, is located along Interstate 70, about 45 miles west of St. Louis. As part of the westernmost portion of the St. Louis Metropolitan Economic area, Wright City not only provides a country setting for housing, but a potential for economic growth that is attractive for those businesses seeking to cater to the needs of a residential community and facilities for light to heavy industrial businesses. Primarily single-family, with some multi-family housing, Wright City provides a peaceful, semi-rural area in which to live, yet is within an easy drive for the major sporting and cultural events of the St. Louis Area. A wide variety of homesites are available to serve almost any lifestyle.
The History of Wright City
The City of Wright City was platted as a village in 1857 by Doctor Henry C. Wright on land granted to Dr. Wright in 1831 by the United States. The village was platted to take advantage of the new North Missouri Railroad which was constructed in 1857. Dr. Wright built his home about 1860 on land that sets now at the corner of South First Street and South Locust. In September, 1863 the Wright City Raid took place during the Civil War. The Baptist Church, Bryan’s Blacksmith Shop and Kennedy’s Saloon (all known to be places where Southern sympathizers congregated) were burned to the ground by Union Militia. The town of Wright City was incorporated in 1869 and became a fourth class city in 1941. Wright City, a thriving community doing business through the railroad, then with the advent of automobiles Highway 40 ran through the center of town bringing motorists and businesses catering to them. In the 1950’s Interstate 70 was constructed, bringing a whole new group of businesses. Today, Wright City is a growing community with the advantage of the railroad and interstate highway.